MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (MPhil)
A Master’s in Philosophy is the study of human existence, his problem, and behavior. The field is determined to use rational thinking and logical approaches to unveil the knowledge that human needs in order to live well. It is the foundation of ideas or morality, ethics, government, and democracy.
Philosophy is a diverse discipline with many applications. You acquire so many useful skills that there are no boundaries to what you can do with this degree. Your career path ultimately depends on what makes you feel more fulfilled or what gives you higher flexibility in working conditions and entitlements.
The degree in Philosophy will afford you career in the following areas:
- Become a professor
- Become a career public servant
- Become a human resource specialist
- Become an ethical authority
- Become a writer and publisher
Studying philosophy at the Postgraduate level enables students to have a thorough background in historical philosophical thought and develop in-depth knowledge of their management competency.
At the end of a programme of a Master’s Degree in Philosophy, you will have acquired valuable skills in the major areas as follows;
- Critical thinking
- Effective communication
- Argument building
- Information organization
- Advanced research
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification is required for admission to the Masters in Philosophy.
- The requirement of an exemption assessment on preparatory work as determined by the Faculty must be complied with.
- The Faculty may set additional admission requirements.
- Candidates will be subjected to a selection process.
Other programme-specific information:
Prescribed courses, assignments, and classwork form part of the programme.
Examinations and pass requirements
- The minimum pass mark for each prescribed course is 50%, provided that a subminimum of 45% has been obtained in the examination.
- A candidate who has failed more than two core courses may not continue with his studies for the diploma, except with the approval of the Faculty Board
MPhil – (6 MONTHS)
MODULE ONE – Critical Research Thinking
1. Research Methodology
2. Entrepreneurship & Innovation
3. Organizational Behaviour
4. Production Management
MODULE TWO – Specialization and Application Thinking
1. International Finance
2. Strategic Management
4. Capstone Project